cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic relationships

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please suggest which type of CR to use for my requirement.

I have two infoobjects. They are not related what so ever(i mean they don't exist as attribute of one another or they are not in heirarchy and I am using the real time info cube). I need to create the characteristic relationship between two objects. Do I need to use the type 'Exit' characteristic relationship.

Also kindly let me know when to use the 'EXIT' type.

Regards

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you determine this, you need to find out how are they related in business wise. Can one be attribute of another? if not, how each one of them are related to your business logic of transactional data (Cube, DSO..... and so on). Then after determining that, then is the business logic one-to-one relationship or one-to-many? based on that you can create the objects relationship.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wond,

The two objects are item and movement type. One item can have more than one movement type. So while entering planned data, a validation on the combination must be done to make sure related movement type and item numbers are entered.

Hope my requirement is clear. Please suggest how to proceed with this.

Regards

Shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your scenario , the item and the movement type must have the relationship then it is possible to check whether it is a valid combination or not ? but you have mentioned that they are not related to any one..

As per my knowledge , it is difficult to validate without having the relationship between two... Sorry i don't have other idea...

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the option of without derivation using a DSO object ( if you have ). This is just a try.

Hope this helps

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

thanks for your replies. Points were awarded.

Regards

Shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally what is the solution you implemented for this scenario.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fed back to business and they are thinking of creating a table with the relationships and using EXIT type to resolve the issue. I just have to wait and see what they decide.

Regards

Shanthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Characteristics relationship is used to check valid combination for characteristic values and those characteristics should be related to each other..

if you don't have relationship between those infoobjects ,then there is no need to use exit type ..

When to use exit type ??

From help.sap :

Using characteristic relationships you can set up procedures to check valid combinations of characteristic values and in addition, check that the system enters valid combinations of this sort within manual planning in the lead column or in the header area of a planning layout (default values).

Data entry in manual planning has the following advantages:

· In a planning layout for which the “all possible characteristic combinations” option has been selected, those combinations are generated that have been defined as useful in the characteristic relationship. For example, in a lead column that contains the characteristics cost centre and currency, only the currency valid for this purpose is provided for data entry.

· By deriving characteristic values, the system is able to determine values of different characteristics from the entry of a single characteristic value. For example, the system can determine the corresponding value of the characteristic article group from a value of the characteristic article.

· With characteristics between which there is a dependency, the system can check whether a combination of characteristic values that has been entered is valid. This prevents transaction data from being entered for invalid characteristic value combinations.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for the reply. So what do you suggest for my scenario mentioned above.

Regards

Shanthi