cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Toolbar in German

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been through the forums and done everything suggested about trying to remove the German toobar tips but to no avail...Ive reinstalled SAP 710 and Business Explorer....updated the BW patches, applied GUI patch 4 and also done the microsoft update...currently the PC is running SAP 710 on XP with .net framework 2, all the patches etc....Im pretty stuck now as users here need to use BW 3.x and not 7....if office 2003 SP3 with the latest patches...... If I run the version 7 analyser the toolbars show in english, however 3.x shows german...this is a really bizarre problem and I have run out of ideas....could anyone help?....

Thanks

Gurj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the German language pack for .NET?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a lot of PC with a managed desktop where we installed a lot of language packs which is where the problem seems to be....on one of the other PC's it has a standard XP install and didnt cause any problems....is this to do with language packs.....if so do you know a work around as we have several hundered machines to update....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

7.0 uses .NET with all its implications (welcome to the world of Microsoft).

Four things are coming together:

- the installed operating system language

- the logon language of the user

- the parameter zcsa/system_language

- .NET language packs installed

It's becoming even more complicated if you use the MUI version of Windows XP (multiple Windows language on one PC).

What is your goal - you want it to be German?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

My goal is to install SAP 710 on all PC's with different images of windows XP...we will be using BW 3.x Analyser and not version 7 until later next year....the language needs to be in English to stop confusion...as this is getting deployed to several hundred users it is critical that this is right...a few users wouldnt have mattered but all our back end systems are getting updated and we require GUI 710 and Bex 3.x......we have our own automated installer which also proves to be a pain sometimes....but it does work better than SAP's own msi....I could rant about how much headache this has caused but will try and remedy the immediate problems first....thanks for your help....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I said is true for BEx 7.0 (which is based on .NET) but not for 3.x.

- What OS language do you have installed on those where it works?

- What Office language do you have installed there?

- Do people explicitly logon with "DE" or have "DE" in their users account in SU01 (in the BI system)?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have English set as default for XP and also English for Office 2003....in the regional settings we have many different languages installed....being a Univeristy there are many different languages that we need to support hence why we have so many installed...I configured the SAPlogonpad to explicity use EN as the default language.....and Bex picks up the saplogon.ini file....

Answers (0)