cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE error in PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Till date we have been working with SAP XI 3.0 from last one year, and I have to work with PI 7.0. I creatd a sample scenarion "File to File"in PI 7.0. The sender adapter is picked the file. in SXMB_MONI Error ID showing JCO_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE. Plz suggest me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks

san

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello San,

Your AI RUNTIME JCOSERVER and AI DIRECTORY JCOSERVER (names - not exact I think) should exist at SM59 of your ABAP stack as well as under JCORFC PRovider in Visual Admin.

Go to the Post isntall steps of XI 3 Install guide (most of the steps are relevant for PI7 also) (page 31 onwards) and you will have all the necessary details. There should be two more RFC destinations SAPSLDAPI adn LCRSAPRFC alongwith the above two.

However the other two are for communicating with SLD mainly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K San,

Can u justify my 2 points and bhaskar 10 points?

Shall i miss somthing?

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sumit

i got error when test the connectin of AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER in SM59.

Thanks

san

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi san,

like sumit told just restart Java stack (SMICM) and check again. If no success check if Programm ID is registert at Java stack.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Udo,

What is the Connection Type parameter for testing?

Thanks

san

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi san,

its T. Just press the test button and post the result.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K San,

FYI..

1) Go to transaction SM59 --> TCP/IP Connections --> AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER and test the connection.

2)If there are errors, try deleting and recreating the same.(though this may not be possible in production)

3) Alternatively, you can also do a restart of the J2EE engine.( works for us everytime:) )

For more type of error handling in future.

Look at once

/people/prashanth.azharuddin/blog/2006/11/24/some-errors-in-an-xi-production-environment

****PS:Reward points if useful**

Regards

Sumit Gupta

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi San,

check out destination AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER (SM59). Is it working?

Regards,

Udo