cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Connection Mode - serious Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have problem with our FTP server. We have several CC which are receiving and writing data to different folders on this FTP.

Each sunday the FTP-Server seems to get re-booted. After this, all CC who are polling to this FTP get following error:

<i>":{1,Nummer,#####}": ;10.94.10.15;21;java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused</i>

Therefore i have to de-activate and activate each of this CC new. This can't be the solution?!

In Connection parameters the connect mode is always on "Permantly". In XI-Documention is said that the connection will be automatically rebuild after it has been refused - but this is not the case!!

So do i have to simply switch the connect mode to "Per file transfer"?!

What are your experience with this and what are the suggestions to handle with this issue?!

br

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So do i have to simply switch the connect mode to "Per file transfer"?!

Exactly. This should solve your issue.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx! i will try this option and see next Monday what the re-boot of the FTP on sunday will bring...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, again one question:

I only will change this parameter in Sender-CC! I guess for receiver it os not necessary...

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->Therefore i have to de-activate and activate each of this CC new. This can't be the solution?!

<b>Rightly said..</b>

-->So do i have to simply switch the connect mode to "Per file transfer"?

<b>exactly...the file will be send as and when required...</b>

Regards,