cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem converting Integration Process to ALE logical system(acknowledgmen)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario where a sender SAP system sends an IDoc via an Interface Mapping to an Integration Process.

This worked perfectly fine on our development environment, but after transporting the scenario to our quality systems I got the following acknowledgement error:

Unable to convert the sender service <i>name of integration process</i> to an ALE logical system.

What could be the reason for this? We have a logical system on the sender SAP system set up for the XI system itself but not for the Integration Process.

We also use SYSTAT IDocs and there we set the the logical sender system name to the logical system for SAP XI and not for the integration process.

Is this also necessary for acknowledgements? Where could this be done. Strange thing is that it works perfectly fine on our development environment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

(has nothing to do with SLD)

Go at IB directory to the adapter specific identifiers of the process and put there any logical system name. If you look to now the WE02 at ERP you will see a red icon for ALEAUD01 idoc as you dont have maintained that system (SALE, WE20). If you dont need the system acknowledgement just surpress it with report IDX_NOALE.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo

We changed the logical systen name in the SLD to change this (as that's where the adapter specific identifiers are read from!!)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

integration processes does not have a SLD entry.

Regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I have checked the adapter specific identifiers in the integration process. Those values are empty both on D and Q-environments as we set the sender systems to the logical system pointing to SAP XI in the Receiver Agreements. So I guess the only feasable way to go is to disable the Acknowledgements in in the ABAP Report you specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Go through this weblog....

regards,

Mili.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, thank you for the blog. However we have NOT set any adapter specific identifier in the Intergration Process itself and it worked anyhow on the development environment, this is the strange thing.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I raised the same question a few months back.Answer to this question is in the same thread.

You will have to select option "Restore Original Parties for Idoc Acknowledgments " in the Acknowledgment Idoc adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds SLD related... WOrking in one system and not another...

Have you checked the Logical system names for the Business Systems?

We had to debug the failed entry from the Queue within SMq1.