cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc To File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am handling idoc's when a purhcase order is created and changed using message types "ORDERS" and "ORDCHG".

My requirement is when i create a purchase order an idoc is triggered automatically, by using idoc to file scenario i will send xml file to target system with the fields( purchase order, delivery date, vendor, item number, material number and quantity) then my client will send an xml file with the fields ( Purchase order, reference PO, item number and reference item number) then i need to update the PO using file to rfc(z_bapi_po_change) scenario for the fields (Your reference, item text). But if i change the same purchase order for the next time either quantity or delivery date or vendor or material number This time by using idoc to file scenario i have to send xml file with fields (purchase order, Reference PO, delivery date, vendor, item number, Reference item number, material number and quantity). So finally what i want to say is when i update the fields Your Reference and Item text of PO using file to rfc scenario the file should not be send to target system but if i change quantity or delivery date or vendor or material number using fiel to rfc then only file should be send to target system. And one more thing is my bapi will update only those two fields Your Reference and Item Text. But in current situation xml file is sending to target system when i update the PO using file to rfc scenario this should not happen. How can i handle this situation in XI . Is it possible to do like this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat

yes it can be done. Change pointers is the clue. When changes to th fields (quantity or delivery date or vendor or material number) are done for a PO the change pointers will be activated and when the report for processing the idoc is executed the idoc will be created. But this creation of idoc is validated using cdhdr and cdpos tables (change pointer tables). If changes are done for Reference and Item Text then the changes pointers are not activated and the execution of the report for creating the idoc will fail for the conditions are not validated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

I am not much aware of change pointers could explain more clearly what exactly needs to be done. Is it possible to activate the change pointers field wise. How to activate change pointers field wise. Could you elaborate more on this. Could you explain me step by step with transactions what exactly needs to be done. So that i can proceed further. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change pointers are described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/83e03c19758e71e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I use them for triggering changes in HR master and transactional data, but have used them in Purchase Orders, both Change and Create.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

link by Barry would be very help. Also I have tried to summarize the steps below (would have missed some):

1. Check if change pointers are activated in the T.C BD61

2. Activate the change pointers for ur message type. This is done in T.C BD50

3. Need to activate the inbound function module for idoc.....not sure abt th T.C

4. Select the fields to be considered for change pointers in T.C BD52.

These are the steps for activating the change pointers based on idoc type. once done just check by creating or changing a PO and execute the RBDMIDOC program to see if idoc is created. But before that u need to query in the tables CDHDR and CDPOS tables and check if any changes are made to the fields and if yes then frame the idoc. This process ic controlled in user exit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is straight forward and can be configured in SALE, using change pointers.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>My requirement is when i create a purchase order an idoc is triggered automatically,</i>

Handle this using the change pointer concept.

Ur scenario involve Idoc to File and File to RFC. Use BPM.

And for deciding whether to send file or not, use conditional receiver determination

Regards,

Prateek