cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a distibutor's network, responsible to bring in orders from customers.

Now I want to generate A/R invoice for the customer (on the customers name) instead of the distibutor.

How can I do it in SAP B1?

Can anybody suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

I am not sure whether it serves your purpose or not.

Still have a look at this.

In case you have got the order for D1 and the same had been obtained from C1.

I don't know whether this is an occassional scenario or it is a regular practice.

Anyways what you can do in this scenario is that you can select D1 in the BP Code of the A/R Invoice. And in the BP name field of the A/R Invoice, add the C1 name with D1's name. Press "Control + Tab" only to get out of the field.

Because anyways you can write a sequel query to list the invoices with BP name having the C1 name characters along with the BP Name.

Do reply if it doesn't solve your purpose.

Regards

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

If my understanding is right then the purpose of capturing distributor is to raise the SO in its name and later relate to sales made by a particular distributor in relation to customers.

We can use 'Sales Employee' field to map 'Distributor' on the SO form .The SO will be raised normally for Customer C1 and additionally this field will have Distributor D1.This field will be used to print SO in the name of D1.

For other sales cycle C1 will be used to make delivery and A/R invoice.

Standard system reports can be used for analysis by 'Sales Employee' ie. 'Distributor'

Regards,

Sam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an alternative suggestion. We have clients who sell through Distributors. In their case we use the BP Channel Code and BP Channel Name fields on the master data record to link the C1 customer to the D1 distributor. This carries through to the sales orders and invoices which will serve you for reporting purposes.

In the case where you raise the Invoice in the name of the C1 customer and receive funds from D1 you will want to also setup the customer C1 with payment consolidation having D1 as the parent payee. Therefore you will be able to invoice C1 but receive the payments from D1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I appriciate your valuable answers and tim invested in answering my question.

Thanks a lot all of you.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit,

Besides all the answers and the questions that have gone back and forth, I would like to ask just 1 question.

How do you show the transactions in your books? Is my understanding as below Correct?

It seems you create Sales Order for D1

Presuming you Delivery to C1 and Invoice C1

It seems you want to receive Payment from D1

Please let me know.

Suda

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not so sure about your problem but it seems the distributor maintains more than one customers, so, if you create invoice, it directly uses customer name. Have you tried to create customer group called distributor and then every customers under the distributor's network will set to have the distributor as its customer group ?

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me reframe the question.

I have a distributor D1 responsible to collect orders from his area.

D1 is defined as a business partner.

D1 gets a order from C1 (customer) , where C1 is a also a business partner.

Now when the sale order is punched it is punched on D1 since he has send the order.

While generating the A/R Invoice the invoice should be generated for C1 since distributor works on behlf of us. Also C1 demands that the invoice should be in there name.

Now how do I do that?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to be out of SAP B1 if D1 is a customer too. also, you didn't explain if D1 is customer or vendor. I dislike the way you reply. If SO created for D1 and then invoice is issued to C1, you can't do that. I think you must learn SAP B1 marketing document workflow prior to posting this question.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

D1 here is a customer.

Also you did not got my queston it seems.

My question here is a business scnenario where I place a order on some one and generate the invoice for someone else.

Also I very well know the workflow in SAP B1.

And business scnario's are always unique.

I hope you get it.

Thanks for your courteous answer though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting scenario!

May I ask who pays the invoice D1 or C1

Thanks

Sam

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajit,

I did not mean to make you misunderstanding with my answer. I am sure that consolidating BP on tab accounting of business partner seems useless according to your answer. So, I think the unique business process flow in your message can only be solved using addon or maybe query FMS, I am not so sure except replicating and testing.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

C1 Pays to D1 and D1 ultimately pays to the us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit

As I understand D1 is your customer but if we can create C1 ...also as a Business Partner, you can create a copy of invoice to C1 by using <u><b>draft</b></u> function by changing the name from D1 to C1

Regards

Sam

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is very unique but challenging to SAP B1.

You must use combination of UDF and reconciliations feature I think.

Rgds,