Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database change in production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have created a ztable and transported to production system.

Now i need to delete one column, or change the data element and domain, is it possible, will it create any problems.

if data already exists for a particular field in production system, now can i change the data element and domain without losing the data.

Pls help me on this, and give any notes about the database changes after transported to producion system.

Regards

Rajarm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can delete a column or change the domain or data element of a table field.

Only thing is that you need to adjust the database using

SE14 transaction with save data option as data is already available in the database .

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to make the changes in dvlpmt and again transport it to production. You can make changes in Production unless you have authorization for your username.

Regrds,

Vani.

jj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can delete a column or change the domain or data element of a table field.

Only thing is that you need to adjust the database using

SE14 transaction with save data option as data is already available in the database .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, thanks for ur reply

Actually i have a field say ztstno and having some data in production system.

Now i want to change the field ztstno in to zxyz with its same data , is it possible pls explain me more.

Regards

Rajaram

0 Kudos

Hi,

wat u can do is specify zxyz same strucure as for ztstno.Change it in dev server and then use SE14 transaction code and adjust.....

Regards,

nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried yar but its data erased, what can i do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I tried this..

If u rename a field or changes occuring to a paricular field means..

The corresponding field data will be deleted..

Post me for furthur Queries regarding this.

Regards

Bala..

0 Kudos

hI,

Copy the exsiting ztable and then change the field in it ,with new request and then transport it to production..

Regards,

nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We cant change a single table field after moving it to production...

Even i have encoutered the same problem before...but i have created another table ...as the table contents are less.

Thanks,

Jyothi D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

take a copy of your production table into dummy name...

and do the changes in the dev table...and transport...

after that copy the contents from the dummy table...into your production table again....