cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wage types

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap gurus,

why we copy the model wage types to customer wage types? why we r not using model wage types? is there any specific reason?

thanks in advance

rgds

kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran

A possible reason to copy wage types into customer specific wage types might be that these wage types are <i>not affected</i> by changes that SAP might do to "their" wage types if you upload a <i>service package</i>.

cheers,

Benno

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I too have same doubt ,can i know what are possible reasons behind copying wage types.

regards,

hema

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

In SAP, we are not supposed to change the attributes of wagetypes, that's why we are copying the model wagetypes to custom wagetype.

We can also create wagetypes, but we need to update all the Tables relating to the attributes and othere, and there are many table to update, which is a risky job. If you miss one table, wages types will not work fine.

i think you have got some idea.

Reward me if helps.

Thanks,

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

U can use the Model Wage types...... But ur not supposed to change the attributes of those wage types...

What if u have a different requirement other than what SAP has delivered,....??

so in order to overcome this we use model wage types to copy and change the attributes according to our clients requirement..

Hope its Clear now...

Cheers

Manu