Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have vendor and customer data which needs to b uploaded into sap from legacy system.

Now i have all these data available in english language and our countries have their branches in other countries around the globe.

So if a russian user wants to see the data in his or her language. how this is possible? do we need to manually translate the data and upload it again in russian or is there any options available in SAP to do this?

Thnks

Suny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188829
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE63 Tcode Language translation...

9 REPLIES 9

former_member188829
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE63 Tcode Language translation...

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Suny,

what so you want to translate? Customer and vendor master data is not language dependant (i.e. name and address of customer are the same in all languages in SAP).

ec

0 Kudos

thnks for the reply Eric

wat abt long and short text and other descriptions which we feed during the time of upload?

SAP doesnt have such feature available?? like we upload in english and sap translate it in logon language?

Do reply

0 Kudos

which long texts you mean? I don't know any long text by customer/vendor master data.

On the other hand if you upload a text which is langugae dependant, it will be saved on the actual logon language.

0 Kudos

like if u take material master thn material description

if general ledger mster thn description of gl n all

0 Kudos

you are right, such texts has to be translated. You can do that in SE63 (as an other commenter already wrote).

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks.. points rewarded to eric and reddy

0 Kudos

hi sunny

In GL master record under the tab "Keyword/translation we should activate this then u can get data which language you want to see

thanks

raju

0 Kudos

If your company is a group and has several company codes in different countries and you are maintaining the same operational chart of accounts for all company codes and if a particular company code is china want to have a description in chaineese language we use this option please

Before translation even this is required at the time of entering G/L account in that particular language i.e selection language key which designates for entry,change, tanslate