Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelink - Assigning stored file to application document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have files on an external server that I want to assign via "Assigning a document already stored". The problem is how to set up the Basic Customizing for archivelink for the external server where the PDF's are stored.

Do you maybe have some useful ideas on how to perform this?

I'm familiar with the last steps for document types and so on...but the first steps feels a little bit fuzzy to me, about how to build up the contact between SAP and that external server with PDF's...

Best reg

Henrik

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

Did you figure out how to do the basic customizing. i am trying to implement Archivelink solution to link Invoice documents with the Invoice images stored in an external server. I would really appreciate if you can share the solution. points will be rewarded.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik/Praveen,

What I understand from your query is that you want to link the SAP document with the already stored document on an external server. If I'm close to your query then here's the some of the information that we do generally follow:

WE know that all the archive files are stored on some content repository on the storage server such as IXOS(An external storage server, we are using) and also the archived documents will have the archive document types which are very similar to SAP document types.

The point is that an archived document of some archive document type will be stored on an external storage system and all its linking information will be stored on the SAP system itself but the actual data will be stored on IXOS.

This is how it follows:

1. First you need to create or define the content repository where you need all your archived documents stored using the transaction OAC0

2. Then define the global document types i.e. archive document types using the transaction OAC2

3. This step is very important for your information:

Link table configuration for the content repositories using the transaction OAC3.

All the link information will be stored in the link tables TOA01/TOA02/TOA03.

Using the above steps, we do generally buiild the contact SAP with an external storage system.

Please let me know if this is clear for you..or please precise the exact issue you are referring to.

Regards,

Shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Shamim,

I am facing problem while archiving invoices(Sap scripts) to filenet(external storage system).If you have any information pls let me know.

Regards,

Raghu..