Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi men,

i encounter a problem about serial number. In the same plant, the processing is below:

1> when the finished product is receipted and move to the finished stock, we assign a serial number to each one.

2> then we move the product based on serial number from finished stock to sales stock.

3> finally we sell the product based on the serial number from sales stock.

now how can i get the current plant and storage location by the serial number and how can i know if the product related to the serial number is sold or not?

please share your expert idea. thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I give smal point.just try it.

sap creates Equipment master while creating serial number.So, you check equipment master.it has material number and serial number.

L.Velu

0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

thanks for your reply.

yes i can get the material number and serial number here. but that's not what i want.

i just want to know:

1> How to find out the current plant and storage location related to the serial number?

2> How to identify if the product related to the serial number is sold or not?

0 Kudos

hi,

for 1st Q, i don't have answer now.

for 2nd Q, you check entry in sale doc for equipment num.if is there any entry,that serial number materil is sold, other wise is not sold.

L.Velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

If u have the equipment number then go to IE02 and go to additional data ie to the right side of all tabs there u find SER DATA

.click it it and go to history there u get alll history abt ur serila number...

or else try Iq02..

0 Kudos

Hi Kaveri,

thanks for your information. It's really helpful.

I digged out the table EQBS that save the current plant and storage location data of the serial number from the T-Code IE03 (Yes, the T-code IQ03 is also).

I gave you 6 points. do you have any idea about my second question?

thank you very much.