cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is a purchase account and what it is used for.I have never used this account so far.Is this account which is used to see the total purchases of the company or still we can track the total purchases of the company for a particular period from COGS?

Please suggest.We do not want to use purchase account and offsetting account.Is it mandatory ?

Will my requirement of tracking total purchases get achieved without this account also ?How /

Regards,

arjman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arjman

Try std reports like MC$G, MC$I for purchasing values and purchasing quantities.

Else write a z prog using following tables -

BKPF Accounting Document Header

BSEG Accounting Document Segment

BSET Tax Data Document Segment

LFA1 Vendor Master (General Section)

MARA General Material Data

T001 Company Codes

T003T Document Type Texts

T007S Tax Code Names

Regarding ur query about purchase account.

Using Purchase Account you activate the purchase account management function in the company code.

In some countries purchase accounts must be managed to document the value at which externally procurred materials are posted.

The purchase account is posted at the time goods receipts and incoming invoices are posted, with the same amount as the stock account. The offsetting entry is posted to a purchase offsetting account. The purchase account is generally not posted upon goods receipts for purchase orders with account assignment.

<b>Purchase account management is currently used in Belgium, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Finland only.</b>

Do reward if useful.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjman,

Basically Purchase account is used where full tracking of purchases is required and this is sometimes legaly required by goverment in some countries. This account only comes into picture if you have activated in your customizing here you can check this.

Materials Management ® Valuation and Account Assignment ® Account Determination ® Account Determination Without Wizard ® Purchase Account Management ® Activate Purchase Account in Company Code

If you dont want then you have to deactivate it. But i afraid if you have alrady made posting what would be consequences.

Regards

-- Vivek

-- Reward if helpful !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for the update.We have not activated the purchase account.

My question is how can we then track my purchases for a particular period.Meaning,do we have any standard report whereby we can track our total purchases without having activated the purchase account.

If there is no local govt requirement,then still is it good to have or must to have kind of a config ?

Please suggest

Thx in advance

Regards,

arjman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can ctivate the Purchase account management if you would like tyo keep a track of your purchases. Using this you can actually use a simplified & standard process setup in the system.

We are currently using this in our system & it seems its been working fine.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjman

Purchase GL account is given through transaction type EIN in OBYC you just note down what the GL code there and in FBL3N and FS10N you check entries in this GL account and can keep tracking of all purchases.

Regards

VIvek