SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Am baby to IS OIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I was taking care of MM and suddenly i need to take care of IS Oil . can any one guide me how to equip the basic knowledge.

if any body can give explaination about frequently used trems like Nomination etc.\

will be rewarded for the help

friendly manickss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi oily oily

thanks for your effort to explain about the basic. happily i have given 10 marks. try to help me some more how to go around further. i.e the process flow. ?

is there any integration with mm ?

what is transportation?

if u have any basic document pl send to me at manickss@yahoo.co.uk.

my client is basicaly handling petroleum products world wide.

once again thanks a lot for your effort

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which module ur interested in ?

0 Kudos

IS-OIL downstream

0 Kudos

Downstream - when referring to the oil and gas industry, this term indicates the refining and marketing sectors of the industry. More generically, the term can be used to refer to any step further along in the process

TSW is mainly concerned with Scheduling and Planning bulk movements and since this entire process could involve lot of partners such as the carrier, shipper , inspector, customer and vendor we need a common application which could convey to the large array of partners involved stating that there is a movement of material to be scheduled.

Nomination Maintenance is the central scheduling application in TSW to schedule, group and communicate bulk movements and transportation within a supply network. Nominations are used to schedule bulk movements.

Once a nomination is accepted by all partners the actual movement of material takes place and this information has to be made available to the system.

Hence, Ticketing refers to the actualization of a nomination.

- Ticket is an official notice sent by the carrier that gives information about

the movement of a product.

- Tickets represent the inbound interface for receiving nomination updates from the carriers.

- During the ticket process, the system generates the relevant R/3 documents for nominations and nomination line items.

- When a ticket is successfully processed, the system updates the appropriate nomination in TSW.

0 Kudos

Downstream - when referring to the oil and gas industry, this term indicates the refining and marketing sectors of the industry. More generically, the term can be used to refer to any step further along in the process

Midstream - a term sometimes used to refer to those industry activities that fall between exploration and production (upstream) and refining and marketing (downstream).

TSW is mainly concerned with Scheduling and Planning bulk movements and since this entire process could involve lot of partners such as the carrier, shipper , inspector, customer and vendor we need a common application which could convey to the large array of partners involved stating that there is a movement of material to be scheduled.

Nomination Maintenance is the central scheduling application in TSW to schedule, group and communicate bulk movements and transportation within a supply network. Nominations are used to schedule bulk movements.

Once a nomination is accepted by all partners the actual movement of material takes place and this information has to be made available to the system.

Hence, Ticketing refers to the actualization of a nomination.

- Ticket is an official notice sent by the carrier that gives information about

the movement of a product.

- Tickets represent the inbound interface for receiving nomination updates from the carriers.

- During the ticket process, the system generates the relevant R/3 documents for nominations and nomination line items.

- When a ticket is successfully processed, the system updates the appropriate nomination in TSW.

Former Member

Hi oily oily

thanks for your effort to explain about the basic. happily i have given 10 marks. try to help me some more how to go around further. i.e the process flow. ?

is there any integration with mm ?

what is transportation?

if u have any basic document pl send to me at manickss@yahoo.co.uk.

my client is basicaly handling petroleum products world wide.

once again thanks a lot for your effort

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I m glad it helped …

Process flow is quite vague .. the down stream deals with everything

Related to the oil business ..right from silo management ..transportation

Pricing … service stations pricing .. exchanges business and many more ..

Every point mentioned above is having its own business process ….

Thos forum is not fit to explain every thing ….

As far as transportation is concerned …

The Transportation and Distribution (TD) application area covers the logistics activities related to:

• Delivery of product from a delivering plant to a customer

• Transfer of product between two company-owned locations

• Receipt of purchased product from a vendor

These activities are carried out across the processes of scheduling, load confirmation, and delivery confirmation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/bf/a007362b89e30ae10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

I don’t have any document for the process flow but you can contact SAP for one training

For basics of oil business ..its really helpful …

Most of the oil business setup is on top of MM/SD modules ……….

Hope this helps …… please come back to me for further questions ……