cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifier lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Experts,

Can you create a lookup inside a qualifier table?

and if so will it allow you to create the compound field?

Thanks

Simona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Simona,

You can create a lookup inside a Qualified Table for eg. in the SRMMDMCAT repository the Price which is a Qualified Table is having fields like currency which is looking up in Currencies table and if u try u can create one and it will allow to create the compund field.

Regards Tejas................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas,

I tried this too but the issue arises when the the lookup table inside the qualified table is a non qualifier.it is allowing to create compound field but however the mapping does not take place correctly and i face a problem in doing value mapping when mapping the main table.

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simona,

1.When it comes to qualified tables you have the fields as display fields and the Non Qualifiers .You can only create a compound field if and only if the field is a DF(display field) and NQ(non qualifier)

2.If a field in a qualified table is a qualifier and display field then you can map it individually but it cannot be a part of a compound field.

3.If a field is qualifier and not display field then you need to map it individually, and this field is also not part of a compound field.

4.If a field is non qualifier and not display field the this value has to be entered manually through data manager.

These are the most important points to be remembered while trying to import data into a qualified table through your main table.

Reward points if it is helpful

Best Regards,

Chinmoy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can create a lookup in a qualifier table and it allows you to create the compound field.

For eg.

In my main table i have two fields productid and MRP(which is a qualifier field).

In my qualified table i hav MRP, Price and Tax(which is a look up)(Price and tax are non qualifiers).

In my lookup i just hav the tax field.

Initially import the lookup flat i.e. tax values .Then import the qualifier table .After this you can import the main table .In this case first map the non qualifiers(including the value mapping) then create the compund field and then map the other fields of main table and then import.

In this case make the non qualifiers as display fields.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Nisha