Question:when copying iview to workset two options come,1)deltalink

2)Copy

What is the Difference Between them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u use delta link : when ever u make changes to source object will reflect in dependent object

if u use copy : changes will not affect to depenedent object

For eg:

workset A, which is added to role B with a delta link. You can change the linked workset in role B (for example, add entries), without changing the original or source object of workset A. For example, you can make enhancements to the hierarchy of the linked workset; the source object is not changed.

Advantages of delta link:

You can make changes to a target object (delta link object) and the source object remains unchanged.

If the source object is reimported into the portal at a later time with changes to its contents, these changes appear automatically in all the derived target objects.

When you import the content object again, your changes to the derived (target) object are retained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore

I devolped one appl in NWDS and i created this appl as iview in portal.After sonmedays i want to do modifications on the appl.Iwnat these changes must be apply to iview then what option is best?

whether 'copy' or 'Deltalink' option for assigning to Workset?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurram,

Best option is delta link , becoz what ever changes u made to source object will be affected to all dependent objects.

Regards

Krishna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore

Budgeting workset is placed in Toplevel navigation,i want my view in navigation block.if i directly copy to workset it will come in toplevlel navigation 2nd row.

afterv this i wnat to make this appl canbe able to see by the some of the employees what will i do?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a page and add ur iview to page (using delta link),

now add page to workset (using delta link),

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore

After that i want to make this appl view by some employees ,How can i do that?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this u need to merge ur worksets.

create a Seperate workset for ur iview and go to property editor of the workset and in MERGE ID filed give a name and save it and assign this to a new role

goto Budgeting work set -- Property editor of the workset and in MERGE ID filed give a name(give the same name which u have given in for first workset) and save it

Now assign roles to users as u like.

if u assign Role1 to user1 he can see only content 1.

if u assign both roles he can see both content1 and content2.