cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Issue using past date (eg: 31 Aug '07) on the 9 Sept '07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon creating a consignment issue using 31st of August which is not the current period date, the following problem occurred.

M7 021, Deficit of CustomerSt unr. prev 3 box:..........batch:XXXXXXXXX

After checking the materials listed above, these materials believe to have more than one batch. However if posting of goods using the current date is done the transaction is posted without any issues.

What might have caused this error? Does this mean I cannot do a DO for a consignment issue referring to a past date?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zarah

Being a consignment issue, check in Header --> Partner and assign "<b>SB</b>" Special stock partner and try to do PGI.

As long as the period is open, you can certainly generate DO in the past.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved...

have to properly maintain the batch procedure and master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think the date is the case. i retested and it worked for both past dates and present dates. But why did this error come up during the time of this particular DO creation? The DO creation is not referred to any Sales Order (type consignment issue).

Is it because, the system checked the availability of the material on the past date, and it coincides with the material actually being deficit on that date?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zarah

As per standard SAP, consignment issue (KE) order should be created in reference to proforma (F8) invoice. If you are following this procedure, deficit in stock will not arise.

This being the case, I am not very clear as to why you are creating DO without referrencing the order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi