cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Confirmation Qty, Delivery Schedule, Inbound Delivery - Qty reduced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario and I am not sure if you could help me explain the logic behind it.

Today's Date = 11/17/2007

PO Quantity = 1000 EA

Delivery Schedule Date = 11/30/2007 1000 EA

AB confirmed line = 11/20/2007 300 EA

Quantity Reduced column under the AB line = 300EA

LA confirmed line (from inbound delivery) = 11/26/2007 300 EA

When you look at MRP, the system shows that incoming quantity is 300 EA because LA confirmation type has priority over the AB confirmation type.

However, When the delivery schedule date (e.g. 11/17/2007) equals or is earlier than the AB confirmation date (e.g.11/20/2007), the quantity reduced column under the AB line = 0 EA. This causes an over-confirmation of the incoming quantity. The system thinks that there are 600 EA coming but there are actually only 300 EA coming.

Could you please tell me what the SAP underlying logic is in coming up with the cumulative confirmed quantity? Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

If you're familar with IMG, please check the following settings for MM.

IMG>MM>Purchasing>Confirmations>Set Up Confirmation Control

1. Select the Confirmation Control Key

2. Goto Confirmation Sequence

See if the MRP-relevant indicator is set for "AB"

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Duke,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Yes, our configuration had been maintained properly as defined.

IMG>MM>Purchasing>Confirmations>Set Up Confirmation Control

1. Select the Confirmation Control Key

2. Goto Confirmation Sequence

We had set up AB confirmation in sequence 1 and LA in sequence 2.

The problem happens only when the delivery schedule date or PO line delivery date is earlier than or equal to the AB confirmed delivery date. When this happens, the system does not look at the cumulative quantity between the AB confirmation and LA confirmation. Instead, the system treats them as two independent events resulting in an overconfirmed situation.

Please see the following example:

<b>Scenario 1</b>

If 1000 ea was ordered with Delivery schedule date is 11/20/2007 with the following confirmation:

Quantity reduced

AB Confirmation 300 ea 11/19/2007 0

LA Confirmation 300 ea 12/20/2007 0

Total ATP available quantity is 600 ea (over-confirming)

<b>Scenario 2</b>

If 1000 ea was ordered with Delivery schedule date is 11/26/2007 with the following confirmation:

Quantity reduced

AB Confirmation 300 ea 11/19/2007 300

LA Confirmation 300 ea 12/20/2007 0

Total ATP available quantity is 300 ea (correct quantity)

Please kindly advise if there is any documented SAP logic that explain this system behavior. Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connie,

The Order Acknowledgements (AB) are usually entered for the entire order qty. This has to be manually entered in the PO Conf tab. However, Shipping Notifications (LA) are entered to the PO automatically after creating a Inbound Delivery document.

For example:

PO qty - 1000pcs ; PO delivery date 1/5/2008

1. Order Acknowledgement by Vendor : Qty - 1000pc; Deliv Dt - 12/31/2007

2. Shipping Notif (LA): Create Inb Deliv for 250pcs ; Deliv Dt - 12/3/2007

3. Shipping Nofif (LA): Create Inb Delliv for 750pcs ; Deliv Dt - 12/24/2007

Notice how the delivery dates are more accurate (late or early) which helps to plan material more accurately.

Qty Reduced Col in PO should look like this:

AB - 1000 (notice this qty being updated from 0, 250, 1000 at GRs for LAs)

LA - 250 (notice this qty update from 0 to 250 after GR for Inb Deliv)

LA - 750 (notice this qty update from 0 to 750 after GR for Inb Deliv)

This does NOT mean over confirmation. Qty Reduced is qty already taken in to account by materials planning.

Let me know if this helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duke,

Thanks again for your reply.

We understand the fact that inbound delivery quantity will be overriding the AB confirmed qty. It does that by updating the EKES-DABMG (quantity reduced) field when the AB confirmation or LA confirmation is updated.

The issue we have here is that the field is not updated when the delivery date of the AB confirmation is earlier than the planned delivery date of the Delivery schedule. We are not quite sure the rationale and rules behind it.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

Check out SAP note 75495 which talks about the reduction logic in confirmations. Hope this will solve your queries.

Regards,

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Neetu.

Answers (0)