cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Storage Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have customized the storage type for bulk storage with the strategy of putaway "B" with the mixed indicator storage "A" with the additional storage "X" because I need to be able to storage the same material with different batches in the same storage bin but when I test the system assigns the first storage bin for the material A with the batch X when we storage the material A with another batch the system propose a different storage bin. I need to fill one storage bin with the same material with different batches before the system determines the next empty storage bin.

I have tried to use the strategy "B" bulk storage with the mixed indicators "A" and "C" and the system still do the same. Looking for a solution I have tried use a strategy "P" (Pallets) with a mixed indicator "A" for the system fills the first a storage bin before to look to another empty storage bin but the system fills the storage bin with different materials with different batches that have the same SUT.

I hope you could help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Change your mixed storage to X

I think your question has been answered and I am on a mission to reduce the number of pages we have to access to see all of the issues and se if we can help

If you have what you need could you please close your question.

regards

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to explore on the term 'Quant'. It differs when batch is changed, its a part of Quant's characteristics.

If you want to store the same material with the different batches, it is not possible, because it will generate the new quant whenever the batch gets change.

It is possible only with the SU Management, wherein you will have different SU No.s for every single quant further. In this case, you can even mix the different materials with the different batches, but the system will pick based on the SU No.s.

Hope it helps you.