Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME23N (Change PO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to find out source table from where the data (Header Texts) 'TEXTS' tab of Header tab strip control is getting populated in the transaction ME23N.

I tried debugging the program 'SAPLMEGUI' and tried to find out what are the subscreens being called in subscreen area 'TEXTS', but it was unsuccessful.

Any suggestions how to find out the source table for those particular subscreens will be appreciated.

Thanks,

B A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Source tables are STXH & STXL, but you can not see the text in tables.

From the text editor in the menu bar go to header there you will find Object ID, Object Type, take them...

Use function module READ_TEXT and pass OBJECTID, OBJECT TYPE, OBJECT NAME(PO Number), you will get the text.

Reward Points if this helps,

Regards,

Satish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

ME23N (display PO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Source tables are STXH & STXL, but you can not see the text in tables.

From the text editor in the menu bar go to header there you will find Object ID, Object Type, take them...

Use function module READ_TEXT and pass OBJECTID, OBJECT TYPE, OBJECT NAME(PO Number), you will get the text.

Reward Points if this helps,

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Satish,

Now I am looking at ME23N for a particular PO Number and I could not find text editor in Menu bar.

Let me know if I was searching Text editor in the wrong transaction.

I am using ECC 5.0

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Where ever you are seeing that text that is in text editor. once you go to text editor -> from Menubar items find Header Option(right now i am not infront of SAP system so i could not give you proper direction), it will show you a popup window with Object details.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Thanks Satish .. appreciate your time.

-Balaji