Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading material master data fro sap to a file on presentation server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to retrieve material master data from ie retrieve material data from diffrent material master tables mara,marc,mvke etc and then prepare a final tabel and then call gui_download to download data to a file on presentation server...now the challeng is say the materal is maintained in 4 plants so 4 entries in marc and then 2 storage locations for each plant so 8 entries in table mard...now also there are 4 enties for that material in mvke..so how will i arrange these 8 + 4 records in the final internal table i mean how to link mvke and marc....and also in the final tabel how many records will be there in the final internal table for this material....

the file is a flat file which contains fields from different views..hjow to combine thse views? Please help....

1 REPLY 1

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your records must have all possible combinations. Like 4 plants + 8 storage location.. and storage location is assigned to plant so..

Your data in the output table shold be like ...

MAT-1 PALNT-1 LGORT-1

MAT-1 PALNT-1 LGORT-2

MAT-1 PALNT-2 LGORT-1

and so on...

Regards,

Naimesh Patel