cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach pdf-file to a part in WT 5.9

peter_cederlund
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is it possible to attach a pdf-file instead of a image so the customer can open it or download it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be possible from

Items > Item Detail and select the Detail tab

and then select the down load.

When you click add button it will let you enter

Name, Version and location of the file to be

Download.

I never try this but I guess this is what you are

looking for.

Thanks

Sanjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that Sanjaya is referring to Webtools 2007. In Webtools 5.9 there is an area in the partdetail that allows you to add additonal links/media to a part. This is right below the image and thumbnail detail. All of these links will be displayed as HTML links on the partdetail page and can link to any type of file. There is no password protection on these files though, that is in the 2007 version i believe.

Kind Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to this, I can see partdownload.aspx and have assigned a number of downloads to the items, but on the partdetail page there is no reference to the downloads and no link to the partdownload.aspx page.

I cannot find any documentation in relation to this or anything else on the forums.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to add downloads to the partdetail page.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can link to the PDF the same way you would add an additional image

Admin - Item detail page - Media - under Additional Images for Catalogs

The first dropdown is to choose the catalog you wish to show the additional PDF link in. In other words, when someone browsing the theme associated with the selected catalog views the part the link to your PDF will show

In the next box enter a site relative path to your PDF file and enter a name for the link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bryce for the work around.

It does raise the question though, what use is the downloads section within 2007?. The downloads looks to me to be an unfinished system extension. You can have the file residing in a different folder, record the document version, and also control whether or not it is active. So there would be a number of advantages if this could be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had a reply from SAP regarding the download section and its use. Its primary use is for providing downloads after the purchase of an item, whether this is a download associated with the item being purchased, or is the actual item being purchased.

Answers (0)