cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want an explanation for this connection between R/3, CRM and IPC ??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I want to know if the IPC (internet pricing & configuration) needs a separate server or no?

I read in CR100 that there is a data loader loads the data from R/3 to IPC local data base then there is RFC between CRM and IPC

I want an explanation for this connection between R/3, CRM and IPC

Regards

Jacopo François

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CRM5.0, the IPC doesnt require any separate server. Its now a part of the ABAP Stack and is available on the same server.

Regards

Rekha Dadwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs on what configuration settings need to be made for IPC for using CRM billing for the CRM transactions..? since I still need to get the system access and soon I will have to do this configuration, so please help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does not require a separate the server now. It includes the following components:

Engines (independent and integrated)

Sales Pricing Engine (SPE)

Sales Configuration Engine (SCE)

Transaction Tax Engine (TTE)

Modeler

Product Modeling Environment (PME)

Network Architecture

IPC Server

IPC Dispatcher

Application user interfaces

Standard Configuration

Standard Pricing

Mobile

Data Loader

Test Tools

Administration Tools

So the scenario you are talking about "there is a data loader loads the data from R/3 to IPC local data base "..in case of mobile client...say sales person's personal laptop...through the data loader data is loaded into the IPC local database.

Thanks,

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

IPC IS EXTERNALLY CONNECTED TO CRM SERVER AND BACK END SIDE IT CONNECTS TO CRM AS WELL AS R3 TO CRM IT IS CONNECTED THROUGH RFC AND TO R3 BACK END ALSO IT CONNECTS,THERE ARE 3 TYPES OF DATA , BASIC DATA, CONDITION DATA AND CUSTOMIZING DATA

FROMCRM IT SHARES CONDITION DATA LIKE PRICING AND FROM R3 IT TAKES BASIC DATA LIKE BP AND SALES DOCS, PRODUCT ETC.. CONDITIOON DATA COMES FROM R3 TO CRM THEN TO IPC AND REMANING CORE DATA FROM R3 TO DIRECTLY TO IPC

REWARD IF HELPFUL

VENKAT