Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

What ist the correctly password for the Adminstrator for

SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 and Netweaver DevStudio Version 2.0.9?

If I choose the link System Information on http://localhost:50000/index.html

or try tto start the "Web Dynpro Content Administrator" , there is a pw required.

I dont know it. What is the password ?

regards

sas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try abcd1234 or admin.

Raja T

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil I get also the error message :

Error occured while working with Configuration.

I can't also edit ume.superadmin.password to change it.

ume.superadmin.activated I can set to true but the password remains

always echo characters and can not change it.

Reagards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If nothing works out try this

Start the config tool from 'C:\usr\sap\C11\JC00\j2ee\configtool'. (This is a standard installation with fixed drive and instance names, but you're clever enough to figure this out, aren't you?). There is a config.bat or for unix a shell file. The program may take a moment to come up, don't get confused by messages appearing in the console window.

Press the last button in the quick menu with the tabstrip: 'switch to configuration editor mode' to change to that mode.

Now you can see a tree of resources. You drill down the tree to security->userstores->UME User Store.

Switch to edit mode by clicking the first button in the button menu (very well known to R/3 users). There is a warning window popping up, which you confirm.

Now you can double-click the "active_userstore" value and change it to "Emergency User Store".

Restart the server, that means stop and start it via mmc console (or appropriate tools).

Login with Visual Admin as user SAP* and password PASS. In a standard installation this tool can be found at 'C:\usr\sap\C11\JC00\j2ee\admin' also as a batch file called admin.bat (and according for unix). As you cannot change the user in the default connection you have to define a new connection. Just as hint: use direct connection via a dispatcher as you anyway have to run on this machine for the procedure. (Port for default transport layer is 50004!)

Start Security provider service from the cluster tree tab drilling down into Server<some number>->Services->Security Provider.

Select tab 'User Managment'.

Click 'Manage Security Stores' in the bottom right corner.

Select 'UME User Store' (And remember in future to select the one you deactivated) and click 'Browse Security Store' on the right.

On the left side select the tab 'Tree'.

Select 'Administrators' in the tree and check your Administrator user. Here it is: the account info in the middle now shows the lock status of your Administrator. If the status is 'unlocked', my question is what are you doing here?. Most probably it shows a 'locked by...' message.

Directly behind this message is an unlock button, which you should click, of course.

Go back with the 'Manage Security Stores' button in the bottom right.

Click 'Activate User Store' on the right.

Now we are going through a complicated looking but easy process. In the appearing window just click the 'ready' button on the left and then the 'next' button on the bottom.

Go through all windows by clicking 'next' until you are at step 6.

Enter your Administrator Account (Usually 'Administrator'), enter the password and hit return key.

20. Click 'Finish'. Don't be afraid! You are disconnected from the server now and can now log in with your Administrator again.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil!

When start go.bat, the Visual Admin is launching.All what I can see

is that there is nothing to expand. I have two tabstrips as Global Configurations

and Cluster. The area below of it is totally empty.

I m not able to logon to Visual Admin to create a new user .

Regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sas,

Incase you are able to logon to Config Tool then please try the below process

You need to use the Config Tool and the process is:

1) Go to the Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<system instance>\J2EE\configtool\

2) Choose configtool.bat and start it.

3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose Services.

4) Find com.sap.security.core.ume.service, click it.

5) Under Global Properties, find ume.superadmin.activated

6) Set the Custom value to TRUE.

7) Apart from that, you have to set another property i.e.

😎 ume.superadmin.password, define some password.The password that you are defining is for sap*. save the changes.

9) Restart the server.

10) Log on to Portal with sap* as user and the defined password.

11) Create a User with Super Administrator role.

12) Go back to Config Tool and set the Custom Value as default value i.e. FALSE. save the changes.

13) Restart the Server.

Incase if you deploy a Application i.e. a Webdynpro or PAR and the Admin Password is not configured properly or is locked then

1) Go to Config Tool.

2) Choose Secure Store, right click.

3) Choose Admin\Passowrd\Systemid\

4) Set the Password value, choose add and save.

5) Restart Server.

regards

Anil

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil thank you very much for this detailed decrption.

But there isn't any entry under Cluster. Maybe this is the problem ?

regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

Expand that Cluster( as we do in windows to expland the folder structure) and check under that.

regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

If you are able to logon to Visual Admin , You can create a new user and assign him administrator group or Reset password .

1) Go to the Server Installed path i.e. \usr\sap\<systeid>\<system instance>\j2ee\admin\go.bat Or in UNIX /usr/sap/<systeid>/<system instance>/j2ee/admin/go .

2) Choose go.bat / go and start it.

3) Under Cluster ->Server<number>, choose Security Provider .

4) Select Tab 'Runtime' and Inner Tab 'User Management' , Click Create User .

5) And then assign to group Administrators .

6) No Need to restart J2EE engine , Open http://<hostname>:<port>/irj/portal .

7) Now you can User Administration Identity Management , Search for Administrator user and Unlock it . etc ....

I hope that helps you

Regards

Anil

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I'm sorry its not working?

Its WebAs 6.40 (Sp9). What is the Username and password ?

abcd1234 and admin is not correct. Maybe I use a wrong

Username ? Pls can you state both?

reagards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

check with

username:administrator

password:abcd1234