cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

m new to sap i want to start learning sap m interrested in ABAP developement. i am betch in computer science.

plz tell me from where should i start.

what is neccessary to leann abap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

You can go through some books from SAP Press.

Right now Object Oriented ABAP is used for SAP CRM.

<b>Better if you can attend any training from SAP on ABAP and do the certification. As you are from Comp Sc. background u must be having sound knowledge in some programming languages like C, C++ and should be having the Object Oriented concepts which will help you.</b>

I myself is also from Comp Sc background but I am working as a functional consultant.

Also the thing is that just going through the books will not help you much unless u hv the access and u r working/doing hands on. So I am not sure whether you have the access or not.

Thanks,

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh no!

The "Links and Points" brigade has found the Suggestions forum... We're all doomed...

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shee Atin = Shee Atout

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Oh no!

>

> The "Links and Points" brigade has found the

> Suggestions forum... We're all doomed...

>

> Gareth.

I have deleted the "reward"...Hope not see that again...

Greetings,

Blag.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brilliant,

Shee Atin provided a dozen illegal links to OFFICIAL SAP DOCUMENTATION when Craig is monitoring this topic.

great job, brainiac.

your will get ousted from SDN pronto!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shee,

>>u hv the access and u r working/doing hands on

Please, may I remember you that many (if not most) of these forums readers are not native English speakers.

Could you, please, write complete words : I have a lot of difficulties to decode the kind of abbreviations you are using.

Best Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Yes I think we all should follow that.

Thanks,

Atin

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> >>u hv the access and u r working/doing hands on

>

> Please, may I remember you that many (if not most) of these forums readers are not native English speakers.

> Could you, please, write complete words : I have a lot of difficulties to decode the kind of abbreviations you are using.

>

Looks like an obvious case of overexposure to SMS to me, so-called SpellingMistakeSyphilis. See it too often here in Norway these days, unfortunately. And when you try to explain to them that it makes it harder to read they look at you as if you are from another planet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil

My 14 year old uses this communication in phone messages, ie <i>go hm yr mm hs dId</i>, or something like that. Does this mean that teachers cannot give students lines as "I will use correct English with complete words" becomes "u r wstng mi tIm".

Cheers

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Gareth - my 24 year old daughter is in law school and this is how she comunicates with her friends and family. Fortunately she uses correct English in her studies.

But (wah) I can understand the former and not the later.

Rob

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather worryingly, this is also how my 60-year-old mother communicates in text messages - and she has never used a pocket calculator, never mind a computer... I think she was trained how to use a mobile phone by a 14-year-old.

- Darren

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that is a step ahead of my mother... who knows how to use and configure SAP (don't ask!) but doesn't seem to send text messages and leaves her mobile in her bag so never answers it as she doesn't hear it!

Small world this week - the system I'm working on has a certain dhague user id all over the place.

Paul

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul - you must drop me an email and let me know where you are, so I can either accept the plaudits or deny all responsibility...

- Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm...a computer science betch...is that supposed to mean a programmer? 😛

Sameer

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend buying one or more of the books from the good people at /community [original link is broken].

Hope this helps,

Darren

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a betch?

sound like another word that many Enlgish speaker use to insult someone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually by betch he means Btech-Bachelors in technology.

Aneesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would first recommend using proper spelling and grammar and then please be a bit more specific to what it is you are wanting to know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig's a betch in spelling

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

that really does sound like an insult. But I would think someone with a degree would at least spell out their words to make a good impression. Received a similar email asking for a favor and it was 3x worse in terms of spelling and grammar than this post, the favor was a job.

First I did not know the person and second I would never even entertain a request that is not properly formulated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>I think Mr. Craig Cmehil should be a English teacher not the member of this forum.

he is wasting his time to find the spelling mistakes in the post rather than guiding the people and even he don't have brain to understand the post.

Go and teach English.

</b>

Message was edited by:

Rahul Kanojia

Message was edited by:

Rahul Kanojia

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apparently it is very difficult to press the Spell Check button before posting.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

You are my hero. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Seriously, do you think you will gain any assistance coming on here with the style and attitude you have so far demonstrated?

Go away, rethink your whole approach and then try again later. You are a perfect example of so many bad things on this forum at the moment - and insulting Craig just about wins the award for comedy/stupidness in my book... Well done.

Gareth.

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go on Craig... you know the words "Do you know who I am?" want to be in your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Betcha won't be getting a job at SAP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig - I meant that in the positive, supportive sense. Like Bachelor of Technical Spelling.

Do you think he believed me ?

Seriously though, when I first applied to be a blogger, it was turned down (partly) because of spelling errors in the application. It was probably Mark, not Craig that turned it down, but that's a different story. Anyway, I cleaned it up, tightened up my reasons for blogging and tried again. the rest is history.

My point is that Mark (or Craig) was right to turn it down. If a person can't get his or her act together well enough to fill out a form, then what are the chances that that person will be able clearly to communicate their ideas?

On the other hand, the first language of many of the people in the forum is not English, so I try to make allowances for that.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Paul it's not worth it to ask the question

@Rob no worries

@Rahul many of us are here to help, however as English is not the native language of many of the participants of these forums we do try to keep to a certain level of understanding and proper use of the language to avoid misunderstandings and cases where one might feel insulted by the response. Your question I understood quite well, however I would expect someone who has been educated by a good university to be able to formulate their question properly. Now if you happen to be attending the SAP TechEd event next week I would be happy to sit down with you and discuss some possible avenues of learning about ABAP. Your choice and I am happy to do so, I arrive in Bangalore for the 27th Community Day event and the rest of the week for the TechEd event. I should not be to hard to find once at the event - just come over to the Community Clubhouse and ask for Craig.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had placed Craig among one the most respected members. But with this he has shown a formidable character and maturity and not blown away by the tides. I only hope the community matches up to his personality.