cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel configuration are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The subject is all of the error message that I can see. I am running an RFC in SE37 as part of an R/3-XI-HTTP scenario that used to work for me. I have recently been through some cache refresh issues, and I am not sure if that could have something to do with the error I now get. Any suggestions on this error? I am not getting any RFC logging in SXMB_MONI.

I don't see anything wrong with my design and config setup (versus the screenprints I took back when it worked).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

please look to transaction SM58 at ur R/3 system.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM58 shows "nothing selected".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal K: I am still trying to get my Basis group to give me rights for the Visual Administrator.

I turned on trace in SM59 on my R/3 sytem and now see more logging. I have a few services routing from R/3 (my RD0120) component to various receivers (for example, an HTTP connection from one RFC, a file output from another...). The SM59 trace makes it sound like the RFC is not knowing which sender channel to use.

......RFC_EXTERNAL_ABORT.....[alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier (CPA party/service/channel ''/'RD0120'/'RD0120ToComplusChannel', lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier for pa

rty '', schema 'TechnicalSystem' with 'RD0#120'

returned party/service of ''/'STFC_Sender')

Can anyone help me set up XI so that multiple RFC calls from the same component can be appropriatly "linked" to their proper channel?

See image of component I am referring to at: http://webpages.charter.net/kpwendel/SAPXI.jpg

Message was edited by: Keith Wendel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

i have encountered the same problem. Have you solved this problem? If yes, could you please give me some advices?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Xiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also getting this error. The advice I'm finding seems to point vaguely to the Com Channel config or the Landscape but I think these are OK as my other transactions are working. The forum threads seem to end without any conclusive resolution...what fixed it in your case?

-Aaron

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

try my new weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

to check the complete error

Regards,

michal