Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Which page does your Logout link point to - Relogin.jsp? Apparently in 11.5 the LHSecurity process only tracks the login process and doesn't timestamp logouts in the logs. This process will change entirely in version 12.0 because LHSecurity disappears and the user login/logout process is all done through NetWeaver UME.

What are your intentions for the logout time in the application? If you make the link point to your own web page then you can deal with the timestamp in whatever way you need, then redirect to Relogin.jsp you will be able to 'capture' this time.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy Good,

My Team is working on Audit trail application(building Audit trail application).In this application we had requirement to capture login time,mail id ,full e,KPI detailes ,Logout time etc fields wants to store in the single XML file for reusbable and Scable.I am able to all the inforamation in xml.

But i am facing problem with capturing logout time.

But cliennt wants me to use only existing Logout of xMII instead of creating another link for Logout.

Thanks

Srikanth

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

It would be better to use a database table(s) to store your audit trail information than an xml file, which could grow beyond a manageable size and then require housekeeping efforts and file rolling, etc. It would also be much easier to query user related information out of the logs, pareto charts for failed vs. successful login attempts, etc. if the data was stored in a database.

Have you considered modifying the Relogin.jsp page link in the portal's sub-menu bar? How about making your own version of this web page and changing the link pointer? Keep in mind that whatever result you come up with here will need a significant update for NetWeaver UME compatibility in version 12.0.

Regards,

Jeremy