cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

From implementation perspective this repository (Enterprise Services Repository) is a UDDI implementation or is based in a SLD? how a customer could be use the Enterprise Services Repository at home?

Kind Regards,

Carlos

Message was edited by: Carlos Sanchez

Message was edited by: Carlos Sanchez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sindhu_gangadharan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

The Web Application server on which the Enterprise Services Repository is based on already has support for UDDI 2.0. In the SAP Web AS, UDDI client and server functions are provided. So that means the enterprise services which are defined in the Enterprise Services Repository generate the WSDL file which can be published into UDDI using the 'Publish WSDL' mechanism in the WEbAS to the UDDI Service Directory.

Hope this helps.

Sindhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu,

Whenever i try to publish wsdl file from ESR, i get following error

(trace has been uploaded in following thread)

[trace|;

Also, while i click on Advanced Search during browsing for services in VC,i get info stating-

"Could not receive classifications from UDDI server.

Please change the UDDI server "

Do u have any idea where i need to reconfigure UDDI settings ????

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

According to me, it will be a UDDI based implementation.

However, it need not necessarily be a UDDI based implementation as long as you get a WSDL of the service that you are trying to consume.

In case you need a place where the services can published or can be enquired about, probably you would need a UDDI. If the organization have a different mechanism, ideally that should work too.

Given that UDDI has been there for sometime and its working, its easier to go with UDDI.

Regards,

Ravi