cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party tech systems for multiple business systems...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this might a very stupid question but still would like to post it..:).. In a 3parties involved scenario, can 1 technical system be assigned to multiple business systems , if all business systems refer to the same 3 party..or does each 3rp party business system needs its own technical system..

Also I need to move only 1 product and the SWCV assigned to the product to QA..I do not want to export entire SLD..By exporting this single product and importing into the SLD of QA, I hope it will not overwrite the SLD components of the QA box but add this new product as delta.

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think this is a stupid question.

Lets say in a R/3 System, you can have multiple clients

100 - ABAP Development

200 - Unit Test

300 - String Test

If you need to use all three clients, you will need 3 business systems but one technical system. But in case of 3rd party, if all of them are residing on the same server I would create only one technical system and 3 business systems.

As Michal said, exporting and importing should not cause a problem

hope this helps.

regards

SKM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

>>>Also I need to move only 1 product and the SWCV assigned to the product to QA..I do not want to export entire SLD..By exporting this single product and importing into the SLD of QA, I hope it will not overwrite the SLD components of the QA box but add this new product as delta

I believe you can only do an incremental export/import

sld does not allow importing/exporting one product...

Remember to do a backup of your QA SLD

(from the SLD - administration)

then if you make a mistake nothing will happen

about the second question:

<i>"Business systems, which name the logical receiver independently of technical properties. For example, a business system might be a client of an SAP system.

Technical systems with which the hardware of the system is specified in more detail (server data, and so on)."</i>

this should be possible not only for SAP systems

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and SKM,

Thanks for your suggestions...I have given you points..:)..But Michal, going with the incremental import/export..This is possible only when there has already been a FULL sld import into the QA system..But looks like the guru's before me have manually created the product and SWCV and imported only the repository objects across landscapes.. I know this is not an XI ethic and by doing the normal way of transports, I wouldn't want to mess with the existing interfaces.. So that was the reason for exporting/importing the new products and its corres. SLD components, IR, ID objects..

-Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> But looks like the guru's before me have manually

nice

regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the face...but thats the fact I am facing here..So I guess I will have to go with a delta export of my product and SCVW and see what happens..I will still take your advice on the backup..:)

-Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more thing!

take a look at this document:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000315022005E.PDF

to make sure you backup your SLD correctly

this way you won't have to worry that much

cause this way is "SAP supported"

Regards,

michal