Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in pre-export methods for request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

while releasing the TR we are facing this error msg..." Error in pre-export methods for request" it is showing lock in fornt of the TR.neither be able to delete the TR ....

do reply as soon as possible..

18 REPLIES 18

0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of objects are attached in ur transport request and What message is comming when u r trying to delete the TR.

Regards,

Rajesh Akarte

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i m getting a locked symbol in front of the TR .althought i m able to release Task List...but cant release the main TR .

and the error message " Error in pre-export methods for request DEVK916880 ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

while trying to delete the TR this message is coming"Request/task DEVK916880 cannot be deleted because it contains locked objects". Can u tell me how to unlock this inspite of delete this TR.While trying to delete the locked objects are coming grayish.

Please help us.

0 Kudos

Check the object under the task DEVK916880 .The object under this task is locked by some other developer.Go in that object n check the id of that developer who has edited that object.Once that developer release that object it will allow u to release the tp.Do this n let me know...

Which object is locked into that request..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have check the id ...no buddy has edited that except my ID..

just tell me that ...i m able to release the task list but when i m going to release the main request a lock is coming in fornt of it..... i double clicked on that ... in object tab it is showing " locked object " and i didnt get how to proceed further ....

do help me in that.....

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have all authorizations to release your request? You can check it via putting the /NSU53 inthe transaction box after trying to release your request.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ...thanks for ur response ... problem is solved now....

its is now released ....

0 Kudos

what was the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nidhi,

How did you resolve this problem? We are getting the same error and have been unable to get it resolved.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Man,

If you know the solution let everyone know the solution also.

when u dont konw the solution you ping to everyone.... ??

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nidhi,

iam also facing the same issue, can u tell me how to solve this.

regs,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you release the task , activate and come out of that window choosing back and try releasing the request.

It should work.

Or else the basis team would have blocked new transport to be released due to Server refresh reasons.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im not able to release the tasks anymore, since all the tasks got release and only the TR is locked and throwing the error-Error in pre-export methods for request.

im not able to create a new TR also. help me

Former Member

hello,

I had the same problem. To unlock a request, you need the administration authorization in the Transport Organizer. To display the log, you only need display authorization. If you don't have these right, send these steps to your Basis admin:

1- Tx SE03

2- double click on unlock objects (expert tool)

3- put your request number and check "unlock objects List" and "Set to Released"

4- execute

0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed,

The step you mentioned is not suggested. By doing so you will only set a release flag for the request. This means, though the request appears to be released, there is no data and co-files generated for the request.

The expert tool could only be used to unlock object effectivly. addtionally you can use it to get rid of the request that you do not want to transport.

0 Kudos

Dear frendz,

I too face the same problem that I created a new transport it work for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same error PU238.

What I did was:

• Execute SE03 to unlock the object.
  • Then execute the program 'RS_STREE_OBJECTS_TO_REQ_GET', not sure what it does.
  • Afterwards, it worked perfectly.

Hope that information helps you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case this helps anyone, I ran into this issue when I forgot to take the appset / environment offline in the source instance for SAP BPC 10.1 on HANA.  I had it offline in TEST, but not in DEV - careless mistake.  I hope that helps someone...