cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform 2 page problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a smartform with 2 pages showing different tables.

<b>Page 1</b> does not have any looping data but i need to set the window as a main window type to use an explicit page break using the COMMAND node.

<b>Page 2</b> holds another main window with data in a table that is looping.

when output, there are 2 pages:

1. Page 1 shows correct data.

2. Page 2 shows nothing. Absolutely blank with no errors.

Is it possible to have 2 different main windows in 2 pages (eg. page1 - mainwindow1, page2 - mainwindow2)?

Anyone has any idea why page 2 is blank?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to have main window in the both pages.

To avoid your probelm, you can set the NEXT page of the PAGE1 as PAGE2. Remove the explicit command from the page1 and the main window also.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is one way. But i need page 1 to show and then break to page 2. How do i set page 2 to appear even if page 1 does not have enough data to flow to next page?

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. your page2 will come after the page1 even if your data in the page1 doesn't overflow.

But I doubt, if you don't have data in the page1 and if you want to start page2 then it is not possible in one smartform.

If you know from your program only before calling the SMARTForm FM you can call the other smartform which has only page2. I know this is not a good solution, but we don't have other option.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. It is not necessary for page2 to display if page1 has no data. So problem is solved.

Answers (0)