cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ASU Toolbox? Where do you download ASU Toolbox for BI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are upgrading from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0. We came across ASU Toolbox while reading the document "Best Practices for Upgrading to SAP NewWeaver BI 7.0". In SAP Note 623723, there is information about how to import ASU toolbox for other SAP system(s) except NW2004s(BI 7.0). Does anyone know more information about this tool?

Thanks in advance.

tamilboy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/notes

Search for "ASU toolbox"

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your response. I have already searched SAP notes and I found this note 623723 which has information about how to download ASU toolbox for all SAP version except for NW2004s. Do you know any other information about ASU toolbox besides what's in this note?

Thanks

tamilboy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Dear R S,

I know, I am replying to your query with delay of several years.

My intention is not only answered to your above query but also to help those who will going to read this post with having same question in their mind.

What is ASU Toolbox? Where do you download ASU Toolbox for BI 7.0?       

ASU Toolbox = The application-specific upgrade Toolbox.

Before or after a technical upgrade often additional application-specific steps need to be performed  The application-specific upgrade toolbox collects and summarizes these activities  Enables you to recognize the necessary steps and perform them in a controlled manner

Application-specific upgrade toolbox is integrated with the upgrade GUI through the ASU phase in the upgrade process  For further details check SAP Note 1000009

One tool for all kinds of predefined tasks (reducing the upgrade time)

 More transparent upgrades (avoid mistakes)

 Avoidance of problems after the upgrade (problem message reduction)

 Extension of the toolbox with own content or by adding news steps to delivered SAP content is possible

Use SAP Note 1000009 for more details about download ASU toolbox for BI 7.*

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane