cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buss.Area not getting transferred to invoice list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

hope u all r doin good outhere, i have an issue with bussiness area not getting populated or transferrred for Invoice list that are released to accounting .

the scenario here is: in the accounting overview under the Billing Invoice(VF03) we are able to see the buss area against the customer acct line item and the GL acctline item, but when we go into the Accounting overview under Invoice List (VF23), the Buss area is not getting populated against the Customer lineitem..., we are not able to figure out what is missing...is it in the configuration...,

we are on 4.6 , and we have an OSS note 69499 (given below) on this issue which says

Summary

Symptom

Business areas are not transferred for invoice lists that are released to financial accounting.

Additional key words

GSBER TVTA VF21 SAPMV62S factoring discount

Cause and prerequisites

This was not programmed

Solution

A solution is only available in the standard system as of Release 3.0D.

You can make the attached advance correction that uses a user exit.

In this solution, the business area is copied from the sales area table (TVTA) for the sales area of the invoice list header. A business area determination on plant/division level (T134G) is not possible because the item information of the individual billing documents is no longer available in the invoice list.

Source code corrections

-

*****************----

and we have contacted SAP , some one from SAP side told that the program is existing in that userexit already with our 4.6c,

someone has suggested that in OB65 the check box is not activated against the comp code i use, but i have found that to be the check mark for the financial statements at the buss area level..will that make any diff to my issue... is it something with the FI part or SD part which do you think is incorrect ....any kind of suggestions pertaining to this issue .here would be helpful.

some body please throw some light on it, i would be very much grateful.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Generally, if one invoice contains multiple business areas, only blank space will appear in accounting document. Check whether this is not in your case.

If so and you would like to avoid this, invoice split should happen based on business area. Invoice split can be done through <b>VOFM</b> data transfer - billing document.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laxmipathi sir,

but the invoice here is having only one Bussiness Area here sir, really not able to figure out why it isn't pulling against the customer lineitem. can you put some direction on it, i would be verymuch thankful.

Jay.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Check in IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Function --> Account Assignment / costing --> Business Area Account Assignment whether you have assigned the said Business Area to Sales Area to Rule "<b>1</b>".

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi sir,

as you said i went in the bussiness area account assignment and checked it and foound that the Sales area, distributin channel and division are assiogned to rule called 003 -Buss Area Det.from sales org/dist.channel item div.

but there are other two.which were not assigned.

001-buss area det.from plant/dividion(T134G)

002-buss area det.from Sales area (TVTA).

so do you think this is the reason it is not picking it up in the invoice list,

i have discussed with one of the SD person here he said even though you don't assign them it shoudn't bother because the buss area is getting picked in invoice

so could you please tell me what should i ask that person or what i have to tell them about this.

thanks

Jay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Normally it is enough, if 001 is assigned. However, since you have assigned 003 and still the business area is not flowing means, the only possible reason could be for that particular item, you would have treated as cross division.

Check in <b>VOR2</b> whether you have done so. If not, assign there and retry.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Please read as you would <b>NOT</b> have treated as cross division.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi