cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Activating an Integration model takes long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a strange issue that whenever I perform CIF from R/3 to SCM APO system, it takes a very long time for the very first time on a day even though the number of objects in the CIF model is only one material. After this activation completes successfully, how many ever times I CIF even larger selections on the same day, its fast. Does anyone had a similar issue?

Your ideas will help a lot. Thanks and appreciate your effort to share your fix methods.

Best Regards

Bharani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharani

Is this happen in your production system every day ?

If somebody apply Notes or SP related to CIF, 1st execution might take some time due to ABAP code compiling (If basis people execute compiling in batch through SGEN, this should not occur). But I think Notes implementation or SP implementation does not occur often. This might not related to your case...

Since which parts cause this problem (I mean ABAP processing time or DB access time), I would recommend you to ask basis people to check the STAD record after you execute CFM2 or CFM3.

In STAD, you can see time distribution of runtime (CPU time, DB time etc) and from this content, you can decide next action to tune the performance like taking ABAP trace from SE30 or SQL/RFC trace from ST05 etc <Or ST12>.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Good point. Will look at it and get back if am getting good results. Thanks for your ideas.

Regards

Bharani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully you are running the activation in background CFM3 transaction. I am not technical and hence am not sure if there is a one time compilation happening. Sometimes with queue blocks or I have observed processing times to be longer. Also check in CFG1 logs for CIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I don;t have any ques blocks though..

Bharani