Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Menu disappeared in GUI 7.10p4 after update from rel.6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

you are my last chance!

I'm going to update the SAP GUI in all our PCs (about 1500) from rel 6.20 to 7.10 Patch 4. Our PCs are WinXP SP2. This is a requirement due to a system upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6.

I made some tests and I'm facing this problem:

in some cases, after the update, I run the GUI, log a userID and the SAP menu is disappeared! (as SAP Menu I mean the tree where you can see also your favorites)

All the other bars are OK but the SAP menu is missed...

I tried logging in with many userIDs but the result is the same.

I'll update the GUI using Tivoli Software Distribution but I'm scared about this problem.

Has anyone faced a same issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

OK, what you're missing is the Tree with the favorites after logging on in the Easy Access menu.

If this is missing is sounds like an installation issue. It's a tree control that is called there and the file relevant for this is wdttree.ocx. Maybe this is in a wrong version (not 7.10?) or not registered?

You should run an SAP GUI installation check to be sure and to correct this.

Maybe an "official" ticket for this (component BC-FES-GUI) is the fastest way to analyze and resolve this.

Regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your information... I checked the file wdttree.ocx and the release is correct (7100.1.4.286). I also checked the file wdtrmenu.ocx and it resulted ok (rel. 7100.1.4.6). I tried to register the files but all was useless...

On the same PC, if I login into Windows with the local admin account (used for the GUI upgrade), I can see the SAP Menu, if I login into Windows with another admin account, the SAP menu disappears.

What do you mean when you talk about opening an "official" ticket? Can I open a ticket directly on the SAP's main web site?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

Sounds like there is a problem with your user rights if it works fine for the local Admin.

Are you non-administrative accounts able to read from HKLM and HKCR? Maybe there is an issue.

Tools like FileMon or RegMon from Sysinternals (meanwhile MS) can help to track that...

Regards, Martin

PS: Yes, you can open a ticket on the SAP Service Marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've an update:

the problem seems to impact all the users that use the PC but not the user which performed the installation.

I mean, if I install the GUI with the local administrator, when I try to run the SAP GUI having performed the login in Windows with this account, all works fine (the SAP menu is there!), if I login Windows with another userID (with admin rights or not), the problem appears and the SAP menu disappears...

HELP!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have just installed the SAPGUI logon pad. Make sure you run the SetupAll.exe file when you install SAPGUI.

I hope this helps.

regards,

tamiboy

I'm sorry, I might have replied wrong.

Message was edited by:

tamilboy