Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 64 requirements please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I want to install MaxDB 64 (windows).

- What are the requirements? i.e.: Can I run on Windows 32 2003 server (I know Win 64 will be recomended, but I already have it running Win 2003 Server 32 bit).

- Also is there a certain CPU min (32 bit ok)?

- Lastly can I upgrade my existing MaxDB32 to a MaxDB 64 easily? (is there a checkutility to say if the platform is sufficient for 64 bit installs)?

Thanks.

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you whole-heartedly mate...but my idiot CIO will not spend a dime unless its in black and white. No worries though I will see if MS has some whitepaper.

Tony.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Em64t

see the section "Operation Mode" - this explains pretty clearly what can be run where

--

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you please point me to any documntation for this (I have to give it to my client for belief!)

Tony.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Documentation for what?

There's no documentation for the fact, that one can't run a 64bit application on a 32bit OS - it's just the way it is. If your assumption was true, why would Microsoft need to develop a 64bit operating system?

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to run a 64bit application you need to have a 64bit operating system installed. It's not possible to run a 64bit app on a 32bit operating system but vice versa.

--

Markus