cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Store Matching Strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

can anybody tell me how to add a new matching strategies created with the Java API to the strategies list in the repository?

Looks like ExecuteMatchingStrategyCommand only takes strategies that are already stored ...

Any expert around?

Thanks,

Christin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christin,

A matching strategy is comprised of one or more matching rules and a pair of numeric thresholds. Each strategy can then be executed against a set of one or more records against the set, the search results, or all of the records in the repository.

To add/save a new matching strategy to the list of strategies:

a)If necessary, click on the Strategies tab to make it the active tab.

b)Right-click in the Strategies pane and choose Add Strategy from the context menu, or choose Records Matching Strategies Add Item from the main menu.

MDM adds a new matching strategy named New Strategy to the list of strategies, and highlights it for editing.

c)Type the name you want for the matching strategy and press Enter.

Hoever, you can find detail info about editing/renaming and deleting stratagies at

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/a7/310dfde1994248afe2ff65e2391094/content.htm">this URL</a>

Hope it helped.

reward points if you find it useful.

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Krutarth, for your answer. My issue is more related to creating and saving strategies using the Java API only. It seems that only existent strategies can be executed via the API, however, i would like to created and execute new ones manually by using the API. Any idea?

Christin

Answers (0)