cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts Receivable payment schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you ever heard of a payment schedule possibility for Accounts receivable? This payment schedule is different then the scheduled billing. It occurs after the invoices have been posted and the customer is requesting to allow a change in the due dates of his open items. An agreement is then made with the customer that a certain percentage of the items are paid by date N, another by date N+1 etc. Usually this is done when the customers have a cash flow issue and also in cases when a product is just release and this kind of deviations from standard payments are allowed (this is not to be looked as a usual installment payment).

Besides storing the data somewhere in SAP the business is also requesting to be able to see this information in various reports – i.e. FBL5 (they need to see the due date according to the payment term and the due date according to the payment schedule), Aging (aging according to the regular payment term and due date, and aging according to the payment schedule).

Thanks a lot!

Cristina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think some of this can be achieved by Contract Accounting.

FI-CA needs to be activated as an extension set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I am completely unfamiliar with the FI-CA. Where does this needs to be activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

t code SFW5.

You need to be on 4.7 or beyond.

You would need to move all of your AR from standard to Contract Accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

How about 4.6C is there anything that can be of help there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contract Accounting was available but only on an industry solution.

IS MEDIA

IS UTILITIES

IS INSURANCE

IS PUBLIC SECTOR

if you are not in one of those sectors, you will need to upgrade before you can get access to Contract Accounting.

Switching from FI-AR to CA-AR is a project in itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure if you subscribe but here is a good link on Contract Accounting

http://www.financialsexpertonline.com/archive/Volume_03_(2004)/Issue_08_(September)/V3I8A2.cfm?sessi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark!

Will try to look if may be there is anything that can be used in 4.6C with slight development.

Have a nice weekend!

Answers (0)