cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA used in Portal not releasing HTTPS Plugin when using Firefox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a new user of Web Dynpro for ABAP and have developed an application to be used in the portal. It functions as expected in the IE browser, but when using Firefox 2.0 , the views are not called as expected. After navigating back to the portal (I am using relative navigation in the web dynpro application), and then restarting the application, the last viewed screen is displayed (as opposed to starting at the initial screen).

I have noticed that when using I.E the HTTPS plugin is released once the application navigates back to the portal, whereas the same does not happen in Firefox. The plugin is only released once the user logs out of the portal.

Is there any code that I need to add when starting the application to determine whether an HTTPS plugin exists for a user, and if so, remove it before executing the main application code?

We are on SAP_BASIS release 700 Support pack SAPBK70013, and SAP ECC 6.0

Thanks for any insight.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to OSS note 1116118, Firefox versions 2.0.0.8 and higher "introduced a modification which blocks sending requests during the frame unload ... Currently only know work around is to switch to Firefox version 2.0.0.7 or older"