cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI license issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed PI70 some time back and ordered SAP for license key. But, due to issues i have to re-install it later. What happened here is the hardware key is changed after the installation. Is it means i have request again SAP to get license key to match my Hardware key.

Hope it is unque to Message server, i mean when you install PI (Message server) it also generate this hardware key.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->Is it means i have request again SAP to get license key to match my Hardware key.

<b>Yes ..It is required...</b>

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the procedure for installing license key. Onely thing is whether i have to install on 000 client or 001.

My Pi installation is on 001

And, i have to login as sap*. is it mandatory.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. When i do tcode slicense-- i can see in current settings "Active Hardware key" and "Installation number" as Initial. I sent this Active Hardware key last time for license request. In response from SAP i can see this hardware key.

But, now this different....I am foolish but to clarify.. Is it allow to overwrite hardware key if install license key.

Is it this Active Hardware keythe associated to Message server. How can i check this.

Also, when i install my license key, i have to login as sap*

And My Pi installation is on client 001 -- so i have to login to 001 as sap*

and install license key.

Also, one more thing. From 2004s, it is digitally singed licesence key. I can see five lines of license key. If it is digital is the process is different.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

sorry kindly read my previous response in other way..

-->Is it means i have request again SAP to get license key to match my Hardware key.

Yes you need to again ask for license key as for restricting the piracy SAP has got this mechanism..

-->Hope it is unque to Message server, i mean when you install PI (Message server) it also generate this hardware key.

Usually <b>you need to run SAP license - get in kernel level of SAP</b> which will generate a hardware key then you need to send this hardware key to SAP to get new license key, since this is new installation...you need to perform this step..

Sorry it is not...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Since your hardware configuration is same, i mean you are installing it on same machine and therefore your hardware key will remain same, So in this case your previous license key will work. No need to request it again.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->Is it means i have request again SAP to get license key to match my Hardware key.

No way, I believe..

ope it is unque to Message server, i mean when you install PI (Message server) it also generate this hardware key.

Yes...