cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting in GUI Installation for Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to copy my saplogon.ini file from my server onto the clients when they install the GUI. I can do this via DOS without any problem, but would like to build it into the GUI installation instead. Will be cleaner and hopefully I can make adjustments if I need to easier using this when dealing with Vista. Since I am an AIX administrator along with R/3 Basis, my experience scripting this kind of code is virtually nil. After some help from people on the forum, reading SAP notes and the GUI help, I arrived at the code below that is in my end install section. However my file does not land on the client when I install the GUI. I can't see what is wrong with it and showed it to a few other people and they think it looks ok also. Any help would be appreciated immensely !!!

Lloyd Campbell

-

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Copying customized SapLogon.ini"

strSrcFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("
alphabits\pdrive\sap710\saplogon.ini")

strDstFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%USERPROFILE%

\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\saplogon.ini")

If NwEngine.Shell.FileExist( strSrcFile ) Then

NwEngine.Shell.CopyFile strSrcFile, strDstFile

strIniFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%USERPROFILE%

\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\saplogon.ini")

strCmdLine = "setx /M SAPLOGON_INI_FILE " & strIniFile

bNoWaiting = vbFalse

NwEngine.Shell.Execute strCmdLine, bNoWaiting

End If

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

To distribute custom copies of saplogin.ini one does not need to script anything. The SAP GUI installer will do that for you.

Simply place the pre-configured saplogon.ini file in a source folder named custom (i.e. \%SAPSRCDIR%\custom\). Create the folder if you have to.

You can also place saproute.ini, sapmsg.ini and 'services' in this folder, if you want to. The SAP GUI installer will deploy them appropriately.

'Services' is the windows services file (i.e. \%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services), containing custom defined service port definitions for message server ports (this is often required by entries in saplogon.ini).

This is posted for posterity...

Regards,

- Dean

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried, if %USERPROFILE% is translated correctly under Vista?

Regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In My DOS script I use it and it copies AOK.