cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When XML conversion happens ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to understand the message process in XI. I would like to know at which level the data that is read is converted to XML format. Any supporting doc pls provide me the link.

chakoo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaku,

Data is converted into XML in Adapter Engine and Adapter Engine converts it into SOAP or XML format and sends it to Integration Engine.

Integration Engine sends the messages to Adapter Engine again and here Adapter Engine again convert the XML message to desired format of Receiver System.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IS=BPE + IE + AE .

BPE + IE reside on the ABAP STACK.

AE resides on the JAVA STACK.

All messsages picked by the Adapter Framework running on the J2EE engine are passed to the Integration Engine, which does the routing. The mapping program again gets executed on the Java stack and the rest of the pipeline services are executed again on the ABAP stack and so on.

The Integration Engine consists of a configured set of Pipeline Services through which XI messages are processed

You can go through this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9928db90-0201-0010-6894-ffa...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/0c733cb7d61952e10000000a11405a/content.htm

The Business Process Engine is the runtime component that executes collaborative integration processes

The Integration Engine is the processing pipeline for all XI messages. All messages are received in the special XI-SOAP format and processed in the Integration Engine in a consistent way.

The Central Adapter Engine connects the Integration Server to systems not based on Web Application Server v. 6.20 or higher.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaku,

Usually XML format conversion takes place twice :

<b>Once before entering into the Pipeline service and next at the last step of pipeline service i.e CALL Adapter.</b>

As Latika has correctly pointed that the adapters will be used for this purpose...

For your knowledge here is the pipeline service :

1. Receiver Identification

2. Interface Determination

3. Message Branch

4. Request Message Mapping

5. Outbound Binding

6. Call Adapter

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chaku,

the data picked up in sender system format is converted to xml in the adapter.

refer this:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thkx latika....so the xi message format is XML for all cases right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chaku,

yes.

any msg coming from a sender system in its native format is converted to xi message format i.e xml in soap envelope

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.