cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add WBS element description column to CAT2 data entry sheet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grateful for advice on how best to add this column to the data entry sheet. I need to add it to the right of the Receiver WBS element column.

There is an option to add by using prewritten source code plug in - how would I do this?

There is a second option to use SAP Enhancment for timesheet CATS0005 to add new fields to CI-CATSDB. If I added field name POSID to this database would this give me the result above?

Has anyone tried either of these and what were the results? I am not an ABAPer.

Thanks. Rachel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can achive the same by using CATS0005. all u need to do is a) create a customer project using enhanceement CATS0005 b) on the initial screen select the components feild and select change c) select CI_CATSDB and edit d) then create structure using wbs description feild.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush. I am going for the CATS0005 option. I have created a customer project TSHEET within an existing PS package on the system. The system prompted me to obtain a transport number which I guess will attach the new project to the package in future.

Could you advise further on how to do this in practise? My instructions say 'on the initial project administration screen select the Enhancement components field and choose Change. In fact there appear to be 2 options - either Components or Enhancements assignement. If I choose Enhancements assignment I am prompted to enter the name of an exit. I entered CATS0005 as I have to bring this into the customer project somehow. Within package MY_CATS_INTERFACE appeared however CATS0005 was not recognised within this package. Likewise CI_CATSDB was not recognised.

Any advise useful

Thanks

Rachel