SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No profit center posting when posting to GL (only cost center documents)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, to all

When we are creating any financial document for any student and we input the Cost center, the system brings an error which says that the cost center we are trying to use is blocked for actual revenue. I had to access the master data of the cost center and disable the check of Actual revenues, to allow the posting in FICA to be done. I though that was enough. But after transferring the reconciliation key which contains the document I can not see any affectations in any profit center.

We copied the CO Rule: CMAC_ACC_DERIVE_ORG and created a Zfunction to derive the cost center and profit center according to registration data.

If I review the FICA document it contains the correct information for the Profit center document. But no Profit center documents are being created.

I have checked the FICA integration and I can not find an item in which I can "turn on" the profit center accounting for FICA.

Thank you very much

Sergio Artiñano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Do you have PCA completely configured and active? Once G/L postings are configured to go to PCA, the integration from FI-CA should post to PCA without any additional configuration. Please let me know if PCA is fully configured and receiving postings directly from FI-GL.

Thanks,

Tami

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Do you have PCA completely configured and active? Once G/L postings are configured to go to PCA, the integration from FI-CA should post to PCA without any additional configuration. Please let me know if PCA is fully configured and receiving postings directly from FI-GL.

Thanks,

Tami

0 Kudos

I spoke with the people who are configuring the PCA module and it turned out that they were having some problems not only with the FICA accounting. They told me that the issue was with them and not with our module

Thanks Tami