Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

div section positioned using css absolute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,<br />

<br /><br />

I have one irpt paged containing two applets and an alert box (a div section styled as which places it off the screen until needed.

<br /><br />

The second applet (which I set to 1px x 1px) refreshes every few seconds kicking off a js function to decide if the alert box should be seen by the user.

<br /><br />

This has worked well for me in the past. (I have done this using the second applet and some image (png) that I update behind the scenes. The problem now is I added a viewable applet to display information, and my alert box ends up under the applet.

<br />

I have tryed adjusting both the applet and the alert box zindex to bring the alert box on top. I have tryed to set focus on the alert box(div with an ID.) I found a similar post here about setting the focus twice. Still no luck.

<br /><br />

Any other suggestions would be most welcome...

<br /><br />

Thanks

<br /><br />

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this solution to the problem. and to give credit where credit is due...

[/code]<a href="http://secretlabs.thesafebox.com/DivOverApplet/">secretlabs Div Over Applet</a>

Tried to post the code but wasn't allowed Probably because there was java in it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dennis. I know this was posted awhile back, but have you any other examples of this fix. I to have a date picker popup that when moved or positioned around an applet, is behind the applet.