Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Editable ALV

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I have developed an editable ALV using OO technique (class <b>cl_gui_alv_grid</b>). When i change the values of the entries & press the SAVE button a custom table needs to be updated.

I have created a local class implementation & used the method handle_change_data to capture the changes in ALV.

Currently when i change multiple rows for the 1st instance & save the data, the code seems to work fine. But when in change mode i try to change the entries of multiple rows again, the method gets called for every change i am making & evrything is getting hotch potch.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Suhas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

For each call to method handle_change_data try to update internal table data. then u dont loss data because of multiple calls.

But performance wise it will take lot of time and not recommended.

0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

Dont we have a concrete solution to this problem. Can't we suppress the method to be called repeatedly ?

Regards,

Suhas

0 Kudos

call handle_data_changed.. it will update the entries in the itab..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suhas,

go with

CALL METHOD C_ALVGD->GET_SELECTED_ROWS

after acputing data in selected row using loop used read statment on internal table on index .

and finally capture data into tempery table. and pass on other table so it wont reapet value.