cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin Vs Random bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WM Experts

Right now we are using Fixed bin in our WM. Can we conside random bin while doing ECC6 upgrade in early next year. Can you please let me know the disadvantages of fixed bin vs advantages of random bin. Appreciate your reply/inputs on this.

Thanks & regards: Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hi

I think your question has been answered and I am on a mission to reduce the number of pages we have to access to see all of the issues and se if we can help

If you have what you need could you please close your question.

regards

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Its purely depends on the flow of goods into your warehouse and the business process which your company is following.

If you are having a very small warehouse with a very small quantities of materials, you don't need random bins, instead you can have a fixed bin by material.

The disadvantage is....in future, if you are getting huge quantities of materials in your warehouse, it is not possible to create new fixed bin again for the same material, because SAP supports only one fixed storage bin.

In case of random bin, irrespective of the quantity or the new materials, you can go on in crease the no. of bins in the same storage type.

Hope it helps you.