cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s SP9 Sneak Preview - authentication and deployment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I just tried the Web Dynpro example application "Hello World" from here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/94534640-0e01-0010-a29b-99c8c... [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

When I try to deploy from within Developer Studio, I get the following error message:

16.11.2007 11:18:58 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR: 
[001]Deployment aborted 

Settings
SDM host : vistrsapvc
SDM port : 50118
URL to deploy : file:/c:/temp/temp18195sap.com~wd~tutorial~ex1.ear

Result
=> deployment aborted : file:/c:/temp/temp18195sap.com~wd~tutorial~ex1.ear
Aborted: development component 'wd/tutorial/ex1'/'sap.com'/'LOKAL'/'0.2007.11.16.11.18.47'/'0':
Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.
com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine.
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

I already searched SDN and found some threads. So, I added an entry in the hosts file. I changed passwords within the config tool as recommended in note 701654. I also restarted the cluster.

Now, I can't to logon to the Visual Administrator as "Administrator" (default settings). I tried the master password specified during setup and I also tried "abcd1234".

Now, I really don't know what to do. Please can anybody give me some help?

<u>PS:</u> I changed the instance number from J2E to EP7 - don't know if that's the problem...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

did you actually re-enter the correct password for Administrator in configtool and save it? When using SDM you can (as far as I know) not actively decide which user to utilite for deployment. The login info is coming from the securestore. It might make sense to restart the SDM (the jlaunch, not only the GUI) after doing this.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think a possible problem could be that the password for "Administrator" is different to the one for the "System Administrator" specified during setup (I changed it and had to choose a new one after first logon).

I will now change it again and give it a shot....

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, that's it!

The passwords of "Administrator" and "System Administrator" must match!

If one changes the default password during setup (linke I did) it has to be changed with "Visual Administrator" in the secure store at the file system as well so that the match again!

The easiest way is, of course, to simply keep the default password!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Good to hear that it's solved - this is in fact one of the most common issues when SDM is not working at all. It's alway a good idea to make sure the Password in the securestore is set correctly.

Cheers,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Please check SAP Note 701654 - it describes a problem which might cause the described behavior. That you're able to log in to Visual Admin means that you have a properly set up Administrator, now what you need to do (details in the mentioned note) is to enter it's password correctly in the securestore. Otherwise SDM cannot deploy anything.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jörg for your help!

I already followed the steps mentioned in this note. I just tried to deploy the archive with the Software Deployment Manager GUI directly on the host. I received the following errof message:

===========================================================================
Deployment started Fri Nov 16 15:40:38 CET 2007
===========================================================================
Starting Deployment of wd/tutorial/test1
Aborted: development component 'wd/tutorial/test1'/'demo.sap.com'/'LOKAL'/'0.2007.11.16.11.03.30'/'0':
Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.
com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine.
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)
Deployment of wd/tutorial/test1 finished with Error (Duration 3672 ms)

I think that there is an authentication problem - but which user should I use for deployment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Changing the from J2E to EP7 should not be the problem normally (don't know about the SneakPreview though). From what you say it looks like your access to the Administrator User might be the problem. For SDM to work you need to specify the correct password in the securestore (via configtool). Has the Administrator PW been changed after the installation or is the user locked?

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already followed the hints given in some threads and activated the

sap*

user to unlock the

Administrator

account. Now I can logon to Visual Administrator but deployment still fails.

In Developer Studio it says "Enter SDM password". When I enter the password assigned for "Administrator" account, it complains because of the wrong password. When I enter the password of the System Administrator given during installation it takes a while then it stops with "Deployment aborted" - message like given above:

...Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store...

When I try, I can still logon to Visual Administrator - it's not locked.

Could it be because of a wrong port? But it seems like the connection works...

Message was edited by:

Thorsten Schießer