cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls, help. How the bidder licenses are considered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone have experience or documentation about how the bidder licenses are counted in SRM.

I mean in one customer are worried about they want to invite a lot of vendors to participate in several bid invitations, they argue that they are going to work with the winners, offering other services but they would prefer don't consume a license in bidder they aren't going to work with. So they would prefer lock them.

Would this bidders be counted in the number of licenses?

Someone know where I can get information about this matter. I know that finally they have to speak with the account manager but I suppose that what kind of licenses and how we can distinguish them should be accesible for us.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

Bidding Engine comprises normal bidding and live auction. They are a part of SRM and you don't require separate license for that. In term of licences, Bidding Engine is priced separately as an engine.

But in term of solution, it is already there & available in the system:

- one transaction for the purchaser

- one transaction for the supplie

- Live Auction Java part

There is nothing special related to licence to be activated in SRM to use Bidding Engine.

<u>Related link -></u>

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

for bidding there are not restrictions on the number of participating bidders.

The basic license agreement contains all necessary licenses. Nevertheless, there was a discussion in the beginning of bidding engine to ask for specific licensis.

There the bidding engine was an additional component of SRM and asked for extra

licensing. This has been different for longer times.

It could make sense to check the license agreement to secure, that there are no

specific mentioned or it is old. Then you can go for happy bidding.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers!

With regarding to the version or if it is an old producto, it's a new installation with SRM 5.0. I'll try to review the license agreement.

Claudia, so you think if in my scenario there are for example 50 employees, purchasers , etc and they want to invite to 400 bidders to put they quots in the system, my customer only will have to pay for the not bidders users.

I hope so,

Thanks very much again