cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC AND SAP*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly let me know the what is the difference between DDIC and SAP* .

Selvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DDIC USER: It is used for any upgrade or installation type of work like, applying support packages, sap notes, add-ons, TMS configuration etc.

SAP* : It is used for doing client copy, first u have to do client administration with scc4 and then u have to login as SAP* with the password pass in the currently created client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP* is a super user and it has a default password "PASS" but after the installation u should change the parameter in RZ10 value "1" so that no other user can use it.

DDIC is a user having password as master password given at the time of installation and it is having all roles and authorization.It is used to manage all administrative tasks.Never delete this user.

<b>

Please Reward Points if find useful.</b>

<b>Thanks,

Prashant.</b><i></i>

0 Kudos

hi prashant,

As you said,

> After the installation u should change the parameter in RZ10 value "1" so that no other user can use it.

I am agree with you ....

But, in which * Parameter Name* i have to activate.

> Kindly give me the Profile, Parameter Name.

E.g: Parameter name - login/fails_to_user_lock

please help

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both are super users

SAP* is the only user that does not require a user master record, it is defined in the system code itself. SAP* has by default the password PASS and unlimited system access authorizations.

DDIc* - This is the maintenance user for the ABAP Dictionary and software logistics.DDIC is the only user that is allowed to log on to the SAP System during an upgrade .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

SAP* is the only user in the SAP System that does not require a user master record, SAP* has by default the password PASS, as well as unlimited system access authorizations.

To secure SAP* against misuse, you should at least change its password from the standard PASS. For security reasons, SAP recommends that you deactivate SAP* and define your own superuser.

The maintenance user for the ABAP Dictionary and software logistics, user DDIC.

The user master record for user DDIC is automatically created in clients 000 and 001 when you install your SAP System. User DDIC special privileges for certain operations. For example, DDIC is the only user that is allowed to log on to the SAP System during an upgrade.

"But, in which * Parameter Name* i have to activate"

login no_automatic_user_sapstar 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP* : SAP system super user

DDIC :ABAP Dictionary and software logistics super user

PS : (Do not delete DDIC or its profiles. DDIC is needed for certain tasks in installation and upgrade, software logistics, and for the ABAP Dictionary. Deleting it results in loss of functions in these areas)

Cheers,

-Sunil